It’s only been recently that I made the decision to go more “public” with my blog, in the hopes of spreading a little positive vibes into the Universe. So it was a big surprise to me that I got nominated for an award. Thank you to Zaina at A Mom’s Blog for the nomination! I visited her blog and admired her efforts to express herself and develop her interests while being a SAHM.
The rules for this award are:
Display the Award Certificate on your blog.
Write a post and link back to the blogger who nominated you.
Nominate 15 other bloggers.
Inform them of their nomination via comment on their blog.
Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
I’ve seen blogs and bloggers who don’t accept awards, and I toyed with that idea as well, but then saw a post by Kanzen Sakura who, I thought, explained it well, ” it points people to look at perhaps, a blog they normally would not. It gives them new possiblilities, new topics to learn from, a new perspective. To me, that is more important than just the award – it’s meeting new people and making this huge world a little smaller.”
So, in that spirit,
My nominees are:
1. In So Many Words Thoughtful stories and lovely photos
2. Jazzy Beat Chick Jazz + Food = Versatile!!
3.Busy Mockingbird Love her art collaborations!
4.The Seeker The epitome of Versatile
5. Morgan Trotter The Spiritual + the Physical worlds
6. Days of the Guardian A versatile novelist
7. So Let Us Know Thoughtful and uplifting
8.Writing Canvas Lots of good stuff here!
9. Live simply, travel lightly, love passionately & don’t forget to breathe Love the blog title and tagline (“I choose to collect memories instead of things”)
10. Busy Brush Cafe A versatile artist!
11. Love~K Check out her Haikus!
12. A curious Gal says so much in pictures
13. Travels with an Australian, a Peruvian and Baby A. Versatile travelers
14. boy with a hat He says so much in 50 words. See what 5,410 Followers already know. (I can’t believe he hasn’t gotten this award yet…)
15. All our Lemmony Things A fresh and refreshing voice
Hope you enjoy checking out these nominees.
Now about me:
1. I’m a Yankee by birth, transplanted (with no regrets!) into the beautiful Pacific Northwest.
2. I would LIKE to be a minimalist and conservationist, but my weakness is long HOT showers.
3. I like being helpful; connecting people to what they need.
4. I love the molasses-y smell of the grain we fed our horses when I was a teen.
5. I have to wear socks to bed, even on hot nights.
6. I loved being a SAHM and raising (with Husband) 4 extraordinary people; and I love being a grandma to 8 (and counting?) fabulous grandkids.
7.I’m a Mormon. You can find my profile at http://mormon.org/me/4TPK/Gail