A beautiful thought from the Buddha blogged by Doug Does Life. It dovetails nicely with a contribution from one of my students this morning. She quoted Harold B. Lee: “Happiness does not depend on what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you.”
Inside of me today I had lots of happy thoughts:
* Was able to visit some lovely ladies tonight, who shared with me their stories of faith and answered prayers.
* Had a nice conversation with one of my daughters, which always makes my day.
* My mom called me to share a joke and keep me up to date on her antics; she always makes me smile.
* Another day (24 in a row!) of being “sugar-free.” In this sense, happiness really is about what is going on inside! When I take better care of my physical body by eating right and exercising, my spirit also feels strong and more positive energy flows.
* Hubby made me dinner and also took care of the clean up tonight so I could fulfill my visiting assignment.
* Life is good! I appreciate all my blessings.