Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. If you want to play along, post a link on their site to your blog post and then post a link to them from your blog.
Why I love being a reader:
1. “There’s a lot of talk about the tame world versus the wild world. It is not only a wild nature that we need as human beings; it is the untamed open space of our imaginations. Reading is where the wild things are.” (Jeannette Winterson in Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal?)
2. “The Wider we read, the freer we become.” (Jeannette Winterson in Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal?)
3. “Every Book is a message in a bottle.” (Jeannette Winterson in Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal?)
[Can you tell what I’ve been reading lately??]
4. Reading aloud to my children has given me wonderful shared experiences that have brought us closer. (The Little Prince, A Wrinkle in Time, Children of Green Knowe series, Corrie Ten Boom’s The Hiding Place, Betsy-Tacy series…)
5. Reading expands my world to understand and learn of things I haven’t seen.
I never saw a moor, I never saw the sea; Yet know I how the heather looks, And what a wave must be. I never spoke with God, Nor visited in heaven; Yet certain am I of the spot As if the chart were given. --Emily Dickinson
Why I love being a blogger:
1. I’ve gotten to “meet” so many wonderful people I would not have known of any other way!
2. It is a creative outlet for my thought processes.
3. It is a place for me to document all of the extraordinary events in my life that I like to refer to as “God winks” or synchronicity.
4. It’s a way for me to share what I know with others, and to learn from them.
5. It’s an awesome experience to be a part of this blogging community and join in challenges that stretch my abilities. Blogging is a wonderfully satisfying activity!