Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. If you want to play along, post a link on their site to your blog post and then post a link to them from your blog.
Working in a library means you are around readers. I polled my co-workers on their favorite popular authors and here’s the ones I have never read:
- Danielle Steele. Sorry. No desire to, either.
- Stephen King. 11/22/63 was highly recommended, so maybe I’ll try it.
- Nora Roberts. Um. Not really into romances.
- Charles Finch. Was convinced to check this guy out. Advised to read in order though, so I have a hold placed on A Beautiful Blue Death.
- Robert Jordan. Just too many pages…
- Michael Crichton. Saw the movies. Good enough.
- John Grisham. I don’t know why I haven’t read any of his. I probably would like them…
- J. A. Jance. I’m a bit embarrassed that I haven’t read any of hers. She is a featured author this month, with a program and book signing-sponsored by our library. Oh, well.
- Meg Cabot. Whoa, has she written a LOT! I’d heard of the Princess Diaries, but had no idea about all these others.
- Scott Westerfield. This YA author comes highly recommended so I may give him a go. Any suggestions as to which of his series I should try first?
Yes – our list of “never-reads” would resemble yours very closely!! Have only read one book of #2 and also have 11/22/63 on our shelf in fact to be read
And several of #7….. when we were younger but definitely have gone of his books.
What was the Stephen King you read? One of the earlier “horror” genre?
It was Pet Semetary but didn’t really care for it so have stayed clear of his horror novels. 11/22/63 was an Xmas gift from 2 years ago, so will get around to it some time 😉
Haha. If you do read it let me know if you advise it worth my time!
I haven’t read quite a few of these. But have read some of Roberts, King, Jordan and Grisham.
Stopping by to welcome you on board the A to Z Challenge April 2014. Look forward to your challenge posts! Did I miss the A to Z Challenge badge on your blog? Don’t see it.
Thanks or visiting! It should be there on the right, sidebar…Is it not visible???
Maybe I can’t see it on my browser? I’m using Firefox. 😦
I can see it. Maybe I should move it closer to the top. I have a question while I have you here…Are we supposed to link each daily a-Z post to the Bookish website?
Sorry, what’s the Bookish website?
Agh! Sorry. Too many challenges I’m trying to do at once. I meant the a-z challenge site. Should each days post link back to the host site?
To answer your Q: Not necessary, but of course, we’ll appreciate it :).
Of these I have only read Stephen King. (On Writing.) 🙂
Yea, that one doesn’t count. It’s non-fiction…;)
Of all of those, I have only read Meg Cabot but most of the others are on my to-read list. However, I too dislike romance novels.