Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. If you want to play along, post a link on their site to your blog post and then post a link to them from your blog.
1. Write my personal history and (self) publish (there’s a lot of “self-publishing” goals here on this list, which means using something like Blurb.com)
2. Publish my Dad’s history (already written, need to put it into the right format for publishing.)
3. Finish reading Anna Karenina (started it about 18 months ago…)
4. Re-read several books by Dostoevsky (Crime and Punishment, The Idiot, Brothers Karamazov) and Hermann Hesse (Glass Bead Game, Steppenwolf, Demian, Narcissus and Goldmund, Gertrude). I had read these when I was in middle school on the advice of a very literate friend and didn’t understand all of what I read, I only knew I liked them. Time to read them for understanding.
5. Publish a volume 2 of my blog.
6. Write and publish (“real” publishing this time, not self-publishing!) a children’s picture book based on a story in my family history.
7. Self-publish a book of family poetry.
8. Organize my family history binders and scan the documents for better preservation and storage.
9. Visit Steepletop, home of Edna St. Vincent Millay
10. There are so many books included in #4 above I think they should count as rounding out my 10 for the week!