I’m thankful this week for all the wonderful things I’ve learned from fellow bloggers!
1. The meaning of many British colloquialisms that have addled my brain for some time, from Tizzy over at Creative Therapy. like Treacle, and Tippex and Stroppy…
2. New items for my Travel Bucket from the lovely family over in the Chicken Coop. They made Pinnacle Mountain and Horse Cave, KY look so enticing!
3. From Dorothy over at Musings of a Horse Mom I was given the breathtaking photo of a “broken” Palomino given new life. The energy in the photo and accompanying story inspired me to “wake up” my own life a bit and infuse it with excitement for life.
4. More “have to see” spots (Lave River Cave in Flagstaff!) from Randee at A String of Pearls.
5. And to accompany all these travel plans, I got some great travel tips from Terri and James over at Gallivance.
7. An interesting post from Lloyd Alter over at TreeHugger on the relationship between our exposure to light and our BMI started me on a new “habit” of getting outside for at least 30 minutes once a day in the morning hours.
8. Grateful for a reminder from Don over at Life Reference to “Keep it Simple” when it comes to faith. Don says, “Simple faith is like a tree that grows in the wild. It doesn’t try to impress anybody, it doesn’t worry about the latest fashions or how to climb over other people on its way up the corporate ladder. All the tree does is live, grow and do what God intended for it.”
This time of year, we have some beautiful trees to consider and emulate–dressed in their best as they greet spring with blossoms and fragrance.
9. In that vein, of keeping it simple, Jazzy Beat Chick provided a simple yet powerful post of mindfulness that puts me in the right frame of mind to start this day and this week on the right track.
10. No Bake Vegan Almond Date Bars!!! Amazing! Tried them this week. Got the recipe from Sawsan over at Chef In Disguise. She tweaked it from someone, and I tweaked hers (She lists “Date Puree” but doesn’t explain how to make that, so I winged it by mashing up 16 more dates, then supplemented with chopped green apples and a drop of cinnamon essential oil.) They are life changing–no refined flour, no sugar, raw, vegan…what’s not to love?!
Have a great week!