1. I didn’t die on the highway when I fell asleep on my hour-long commute. Woke up in time to see I was veering across the lane and was able to correct before any major damage.
2. For a special Mothers’ Day Activity with two of my daughters yesterday, gifts, messages and emails from daughters and granddaughters. Huzzah for all the wonderful women (old and young) in my life!!
3. I heard from a friend that has been out of touch for about a year. Great to catch up and feel that kinship again.
4. For my lovely meditation spot under the wisteria. (My grandson likes it too!)
5. For my seminary students. (I asked them to say one thing each that they were thankful for one morning and one young man said he was thankful for seminary. Made my day!)
6. For a healthy body. I was doing some mental grumbling over my aches and pains while on my morning run until I passed a man who was running on an artificial leg. Perspective.
7. For my Spring Garden. Weigela!
8. For a thoughtful husband who let me return his Mother’s Day gift of earrings I didn’t need for shoes I did.
9. For a wonderful mother who is a constant source of support, love and inspiration (and humor) for me.
10. For a supportive, strong, intelligent sister who is a great example to me.
Happy Mothers’ Day to all the women (mothers and future mothers) who are and have been a wonderful influence in my life and a constant source of inspiration, love and support.
Hi Gail, I think you might find this blog interesting, being that she is a runner too.. http://braidsandlaceshawaii.blogspot.com
thanks, I’m on my way over there now!
I am following some of the hikers.She is starting a bit later than some, but she looks well prepared.
Just left a comment on her site. An Amazing undertaking!
Cool! I sure admire them all..My oldest son hiked it in 1998..
My heart stopped when I read your first thankful. Oh, be careful on those long drives.
How wonderful to catch up with a long-lost friend. Those conversations can be such fun.
Perspective, indeed. In all things.
Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your visit and comments! Hope you also enjoyed a wonderful day today with your family.
I really need to get up earlier and comment before Christine does, since all day she’s said what I wanted to say before I said it (except she says it better than I do). So what Christine said!
haha! hilarious! I appreciate your visit and comment, regardless of its “lack of originality!”
Scary, scary #1.
And, I think we should regularly celebrate the women (for all who care and nurture others) in our lives instead of declaring one day for that purpose!
The weigela is beautiful! Flowering trees are in full bloom in northern Indiana!
I agree. My husband was telling me about the history of Mothers’ Day and he said the founder and her mother, for whom she pushed to get the day established, would be cringing to see the commercialization of the holiday. Similar to Valentines’ Day, we should show our love and appreciation daily, not annually.
What a beautiful list of 10…
Thank goodness you woke up in time to avoid any collisions. I was shocked to read that first statement. You were being watched over that day.
Most definitely! So grateful.
Nothing quite like wisteria. It’s so gloriously abundant when it gets going.
HUGELY glad you didn’t die driving!
Oh my goodness, next time you’re tired…stop the car. My SIL had an accident falling asleep at the wheel. That goodness you’re ok.
Loving the list of thankful items! It’s true that it’s a perspective thing.*a to z roadtrip caller
A lovely list! And congratulations on completing the A-Z! I love family genealogy too.
What a refreshing list, Gail. Truly refreshing.
That would be scary to fall asleep at the wheel. Glad you caught it before anything bad happened!
By all accounts, that is one great list 🙂 Hope all is well and you are enjoying the summer.
Thanks! As you can see from the lack of recent posts, summer is mega-busy!! I hope to get back to a regular posting schedule soon, but til then, thanks for stopping by and I hope your summer is going well also!
Busy is good as long as you are taking care to have a break every now and then. Things are busy with me too. I hardly had any blogging time of late and today was the first day in months when I got a chance to catch up with other bloggers’ posts (thoroughly enjoying it and hopefully will be able to return to blogging on a more regular basis myself once things settle a little) 🙂