1. I didn’t die on the highway when I fell asleep on my hour-long commute. Woke up in time to see I was veering across the lane and was able to correct before any major damage.
2. For a special Mothers’ Day Activity with two of my daughters yesterday, gifts, messages and emails from daughters and granddaughters. Huzzah for all the wonderful women (old and young) in my life!!
3. I heard from a friend that has been out of touch for about a year. Great to catch up and feel that kinship again.
4. For my lovely meditation spot under the wisteria. (My grandson likes it too!)
5. For my seminary students. (I asked them to say one thing each that they were thankful for one morning and one young man said he was thankful for seminary. Made my day!)
6. For a healthy body. I was doing some mental grumbling over my aches and pains while on my morning run until I passed a man who was running on an artificial leg. Perspective.
7. For my Spring Garden. Weigela!
8. For a thoughtful husband who let me return his Mother’s Day gift of earrings I didn’t need for shoes I did.
9. For a wonderful mother who is a constant source of support, love and inspiration (and humor) for me.
10. For a supportive, strong, intelligent sister who is a great example to me.
Happy Mothers’ Day to all the women (mothers and future mothers) who are and have been a wonderful influence in my life and a constant source of inspiration, love and support.