Not MY #85, but joining in at Considerings for the 10 Things of Thankful feature. Here’s my offering:
1. Good wishes from co-workers during a stressful time.
2. Yummy vegetable soup for lunch, made by a friend who happens to be a gourmet cook.
3. A new space carved out of our second bedroom for being creative and contemplative.
4. FaceTime with children and grandchildren.
5. A thoughtful and attentive spouse.
6. Living in the Pacific Northwest (There’s a Nor’easter brewin’ back where I came from, and it’s 50 degrees and sunny here today…)
7. Music! A peppy song can change a bad mood. [“Say Geronimo!” by Sheppard turned our 2-yr-old from Mr. Grumpy Pants to our Happy Boy again.]
8. An evening in the temple with two of my beautiful daughters.
9. Getting a good night’s sleep.
10. Being productive–having an opportunity to help others.
“I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” GK Chesterton