Shout out and thanks to Miss Andi for nominating me for a Liebster Award! I’ve heard of this award but decided to look up the “official” rules. It seems they have morphed over time–so here are the latest, which I will attempt to follow:
The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
So, Miss Andi asked me the following 10 questions, which I will answer here:
How do you eat your pancake? Funny you should ask! I haven’t eaten pancakes in literally years, but gave in to a craving (for maple syrup?) and made them just last night! I put butter and maple syrup on them, and ate more than I should have. Delish!
Do you sing when you cook? (Do you cook?) Only if I am alone. Same with driving, if no one else is around, I’ll crank up the tunes and belt it out (usually off-key, thus needing to be alone…)
What would you rather live without: tea or coffee? Why? Well, I only drink herbal teas, and never coffee (a religious thing) so I’d say, coffee…
To turn the world off do you watch a movie or listen to music? Umm, probably neither–I’d read a book.
Do you stream (music or movies) or prefer physical copies? Physical copies. I don’t trust that it will be there when I need it otherwise…
When was the last time you went to a record store? Where is a record store??? Many years…
What band did you last see at a concert? Coldplay! In Seattle. We took our four adult children and their spouses. Great memory!
What’s the best way to procrastinate? Ummm. Let me think about that one awhile… 🙂
What’s your happy place? Surrounded by my 10 grandchildren, so, anywhere they are!
Are you going to do the A to Z blogging challenge in April? Yes! It’s my third year in a row! Such fun! I’ll be sharing what I’ve learned on my journey to obtaining my British Driving license.
My 11 Random Facts are:
- I am 9 months into a 23-month mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- I have Irish roots, and have just recently reconnected with my Irish cousins
- I’m a Yankee from New England
- I collect dead relatives (a passion for genealogy & family history)
- I prefer the country to the city
- I enjoy painting, usually with oils
- I did 108 Sun Salutations on the Vernal Equinox this year
- I ran my first (and only) marathon in 2013 at age 58
- My favorite movie is Princess Bride
- It took me 25 years to get my Bachelors Degree
- I’ve been to Disneyland/DisneyWorld 9 times (have to take each grandchild…)
So, enough about me. In the interest of time (I’m basically lazy) I’m nominating the following 5 bloggers for the Liebster Award. I’ve come across them recently in the course of checking out Theme Reveals in the A-Z Challenge:
- Guille, over at Life in Dogs, for her worthy efforts to bring awareness to animal rescue issues.
- Sylvia Van Bruggen–Her byline is Poet, Artist and Joy-spreader; who can resist that? And for the A-Z she is focusing on yoga, something I am into as well, given random fact #7 above…
- RAJLAKSHMI blogging at Destiny’s Child. Her A-Z theme is A Whimsical Medley (“This April be prepared to find all things whimsy on my blog!! Be it Elephants on a truck or yoga on a rock, chasing water dragons or being chased by ducks … this is where you will receive your quota of fun and weird.”) I’m hooked, how about you?!
- Mott at Mott’s Ruminations. His A-Z challenge theme is Phobias in the form of Haiku. Really. Should be AWESOME!
- And finally, Joshua at Lemon Zest. Josh is brand new to blogging and his site is creative and full of soul. I absolutely love his A-Z theme, which will be letters to his daughter, and is a real labor of love.
So, if they should accept the Award and accompanying challenge, my 11 Questions for them are:
- Why are you blogging?
- What do you do for fun when you are NOT blogging?
- Where is your #1 spot you have traveled to?
- What quality do you admire most in a person?
- Are you a morning person or a night person?
- Favorite food?
- What’s your favorite mode of transportation? (your own two feet? Airplane?)
- Would you rather be too hot or too cold?
- What book are you reading now? Can you recommend it?
- Are you a dog person or a cat person?
- If you could have dinner with anyone (living or dead) who would it be?